Modifying Your Market Operations
Please refer to the Addendum to the Farmers' Market Guidelines created by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Healthy Living. These guidlines are provided on the Province of Manitoba website. Visit the Guidance for Farmers' Markets here.
Things to consider modifying:
- Reserving a time for vulnerable populations to complete their shopping
- Moving some of your operations online- pre sales, hybrid market
Things to emphasize:
- Markets are an essential place to access fresh, local food
- Markets support local producers, bakers, and makers
- Shop and don't stop!
- Signage- post signage throughout the market that encourages proper physical distancing, handwashing, and COVID-19 guidelines
- Tell your customers what you are doing to keep them and your vendors safe!