Contract Position: Membership and Project Coordinator
Starting Date: May 1, 2020
End Date: February 28, 2021
Hours: 400 hrs (flexible within the time frame; bulk of hours between May-August)
Requirements: Eligible for employment under the Youth Employment and Skills Program
Under Agriculture and Agri-Foods Canada Youth Employment and Skills Program, eligible employees must be:
- 30 years or younger when starting the position
- Unemployed, student or underemployed
- have not participated in any other Youth Employment and Skills Strategy program (Agricultural Youth Green Jobs Initiative and/or Career Focus Program)
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
About us: Direct Farm Manitoba (www.directfarmmanitoba.ca) is a member-cooperative representing farms & farmers markets growing food to sell directly to consumers including: farmer’s markets, farm gates, food buying clubs, food hubs, restaurants and individual consumers. Direct Farm Manitoba’s directors represent both urban and rural farms and farmers’ markets, multi-generation enterprises and environmentally-sustainable agriculture including but not limited to grains, meat & meat products, eggs, vegetables, fruit, honey, wool, seed and value-added products made in MB.
Job Summary: This flexible employment position is to assist Direct Farm Manitoba in a variety of projects, social media communications, membership development, event coordination, research and other services to promote the direct farm marketing sector in Manitoba. The candidate will gain mentorship and experience in agriculture-related work.
Principal Tasks: The Direct Farm Manitoba Membership and Project Coordinator will:
- Administrative support for various projects of Direct Farm Manitoba
- Represent Direct Farm Manitoba at summer farmers’ markets as scheduled, to promote the organization and develop the membership;
- Increase access to data & knowledge across various producer groups via the annual provincial conference and other Direct Farm Manitoba events;
- Collaborate and gather research or data that promotes Direct Farm Manitoba’s campaigns, as well as issues that affect community food security, food safety and economic livelihood;
- Network and coordinate communications with members and consumers including website, social media and press releases as assigned;
- Attend Direct Farm Manitoba board and committee meetings, and events as scheduled.
Supervision and mentoring: The candidate will receive orientation, training and guidance in Direct Farm Manitoba’s history and mandate. Additional training and mentorship will be provided throughout the term to promote professional development and experience within the direct marketing sector.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be available for all events and meetings
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Have high-level communication skills
- Be interested in networking and gaining industry contacts
- Understand the basic requirements for this position, including some experience with event planning, coordination, and financial recording
- Excel at time management and working independently;
- Understand and further the mandate and objectives of Direct Farm Manitoba
- Independent transportation and valid driver’s license
- Access to personal computer
Application Deadline: April 13th, 2020
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Membership and Project Coordinator” by April 13th, 2020.
Thank you to those who apply! Only candidates who gain an interview will be contacted.