Online Profile on Direct Farm Manitoba’s Website
Direct Farm Manitoba’s website lists our member markets across Manitoba. Visitors to the site can search by region, and find out market contact information and hours.
Market members are promoted through our social media promotion campaign each market season, where we promote our member farmers’ markets on our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
Access to our Group Insurance Program
Farmers’ Market Members can opt into our group commercial general liability insurance program. The fee for this program is $125 per year and provides $5 million general liability coverage. A certificate of insurance can also be obtained, which is often necessary for the rental of market spaces.
Reduced Pricing on Events
DFM members can receive special reduced pricing on our annual Direct Farm Marketing Conference, and other events offered throughout the year.
Events and Programs
Direct Farm Manitoba runs a spring farmers’ market gathering each spring for our farmers’ market members.
DFM launched the MB Community Food Currency Program for the 2020 market season:
- The program is a community building initiative that empowers underprivileged members of the community to buy healthy, whole foods at their local farmers’ markets by providing them with a weekly stipend for 15 weeks.
- Through the cooperation of farmers’ markets coordinators and their community partners the program would strengthen relationships between markets and their neighbourhoods.
- Together DFM, coordinators, community partners and participants will be able to promote food literacy and food security by making local, seasonal food more accessible to their neighbours.
Direct Farm Manitoba Newsletter
Member farmers’ markets receive newsletters published seasonally to keep you up to date with what the organization is up to, as well as opportunities in the community.
Members only Facebook Group
Member farmers’ markets can access the Direct Farm Manitoba members only Facebook group to connect with other market coordinators.
Farmers’ market members each have a vote at our Direct Farm Manitoba AGM each spring. This is an important time to bring your voice to the table and help steer the direction of the association. Members are also eligible to join the board.
In light of the systemic barriers to participation in farming for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour), Direct Farm Manitoba membership will be free for BIPOC going forward. Please indicate if this applies to you on your membership application, and the membership fee will be waived.
To Become a Member:
- Fill out the online form below or send in the membership application
- Pay your membership fee ($50) either by cheque or etransfer to [email protected]
Applications for membership will be processed once the application and membership fee have been received.
Application forms and payment can be sent to:
Direct Farm Manitoba
PO BOX 3641