Are you a Manitoba farmers’ market?
Direct Farm Manitoba is actively involved in advocating for the interests of its member markets and farmers. In addition to this, our members have access to a number of other important benefits.
Farmers’ Market Membership Benefits
1. Market Profile on Direct Farm Manitoba’s website
Direct Farm Manitoba’s website lists our member markets across Manitoba. Visitors to the site can search by region, and find out market contact information and hours.
Throughout the season market members are promoted through our social media channels, which include our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
Direct Farm Manitoba is the voice of farmers’ markets and small-scale direct marketing farmers across Manitoba. We consult with government, commodity groups, MB Health, and other groups to ensure the viability and sustainability of the sector.
4. Access to our Group Insurance Program
Farmers’ Market Members can opt into our group commercial general liability insurance program. The fee for this program is $125 per year and provides $5 millions general liability coverage. A certificate of insurance can also be obtained, which is often necessary for the rental of market spaces.
5. Reduced Pricing on Events
Direct Farm Manitoba members can receive special reduced pricing on our annual Direct Farm Marketing Conference, as well as other events offered throughout the year.
6. Events and Programs
Direct Farm Manitoba runs workshops throughout the year for our farmers’ market members.
DFM is also in the beginning stages of developing a farmers’ market coupon program to be launched in the 2020 market season:
- The proposed program is a community building initiative that would empower underprivileged members of the community to buy healthy, whole foods at their local farmers’ markets by providing them with a weekly stipend for 16 weeks.
- Through the cooperation of farmers’ markets coordinators and their community partners the program would strengthen relationships between markets and their neighbourhoods.
- Together DFM, coordinators, community partners and participants will be able to promote food literacy and food security by making local, seasonal food more accessible to their neighbours.
Direct Farm Manitoba alerts farmers’ market members of relevant events happening in the province, including workshops and training opportunities.
7. Direct Farm Manitoba Newsletter
Member farmers’ markets receive newsletters published seasonally to keep you up to date with what the organization is up to, as well as opportunities in the community.
8. Members only Facebook Group
Member farmers’ markets can access the Direct Farm Manitoba members only Facebook group to connect with other market coordinators.
9. Voting Privileges
Farmers’ market members each have a vote at our Direct Farm Manitoba AGM each spring. This is an important time to bring your voice to the table and help steer the direction of the association. Members are also eligible to join the board.
To Become a Member:
For more information about becoming a member of Direct Farm Manitoba, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to be a farmers’ market (grouped member) you must be either a farmers’ market operating in Manitoba, or a group of direct farm marketers who are collaborating on direct sales.
To apply for membership:
- Fill out the form below or send in the membership application
- Pay your membership fee ($50) either by cheque or etransfer to email@example.com
Applications for membership will be processed once the application and membership fee have been received. Applications are reviewed at the board level for approval.
Application forms and payment can be sent to:
Direct Farm Manitoba
270 Cathedral Ave.
Winnipeg, MB. R2W 0X5